The Association of Scientific and Technical Translators of Serbia is pleased to announce an invitation to the international scientific conference Translation and Society titled Translators and Challenges of the Third Millennium to be held in Belgrade, 05-06 October, 2018.
It would be a great honour for us to gather scientists, translators, interpreters, researchers and experts in scientific, research and professional areas covered by the conference title and the following topics:
- Translation in the historical perspective; Science of translation and contemporary linguistics.
- The role of translators in society: the function of translation in political, cultural, social and ethical internationalisation.
- Europe in 24 languages: the field of combat or language integration?
- Translators' training: redefining the strategy in translators' education; Translation schools.
- Teaching process in translation; Language for specific purposes.
- Telecommunications and micro-information theory in translation practice; Automatic translation.
- Lexicology, lexicography: bilingual and multilingual dictionaries; Specialised dictionaries - dictionaries of technical terms.
- National and international terminological standardisation.
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 25 July 2018.
Registration for the conference is now open. All the details are available on our website at https://savetovanje.prevodi.rs/en The closing date for early-bird registrations is 15 August.
The conference will be held in Hotel Palace in the very heart of Belgrade, close to the pedestrian zone, historical monuments and cultural and fun attractions.
Note that delegates qualify for reduced accommodation rates at the Hotel Palace for the duration of the conference; while booking your stay you have to add the identification ASTTS-Conference in order to receive a discount. Details are also available on the website.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Public Relations & International Affairs