CALL FOR PROPOSALS
AsLing (the International Association for Advancement in Language Technology) is delighted to announce the forthcoming 40th annual Translating and the Computer Conference (TC40).
The TC conference is a distinctive event where translators, interpreters, researchers, translation companies, language service providers and international organisations can interact, exchange ideas and discuss current trends. It features peer-reviewed presentations, talks, posters, panel discussions and workshops.
Contributions are invited on any topic related to the technology used in translation and interpreting, including, but not limited to:
- CAT tools (e.g. Translation Memory (TM) systems)
- Terminology management
- Machine Translation (incl. neural MT (NMT), statistical MT (SMT), rule-based MT (RBMT), MT/TM integration, MT engine training)
- Quality assessment, quality control, post-editing
- Natural Language Processing for translation and interpreting
- Translation workflow and management; facilitating collaboration between translators and companies
- Training (incl. university translation and interpreting programmes and the rapidly changing industry)
- Mobile technologies
- Tools and resources for translators and, especially, interpreters (continuing from last year's focus)
Submission Guidelines (please refer to Conference website for further details)
AsLing invites proposals for original unpublished papers on all aspects of translation and interpretation technologies, in four categories:
1. Proposal for a presentation at the conference and a paper for publication in the Proceedings (with ISBN).
2. Proposal for a talk at the conference about new, innovative procedures and concepts, or on any aspects of user experiences with new and evolving technologies (incl. an optional paper in the Proceedings).
3. Proposal reporting original unpublished ideas or presenting an ongoing, evolving project may be submitted as a "Poster", in the format of a short presentation and a poster paper in the Proceedings.
4. Proposal for a Workshop related to any of the above.
Submit proposals via https://www.softconf.com/i/tc2018/ or see conference site for alternatives.
15 June 2018 – deadline for submitting abstracts of papers and posters
1 August 2018 – all authors notified of decisions
3 September 2018 – at least one author must be registered for each paper, poster or workshop to be included in the conference programme (events will be added to the schedule as presenters register)
2 October 2018 – speakers' full papers and posters to be submitted for inclusion in the e-proceedings
2 November 2018 – speakers' presentations to be submitted
15-16 November 2018 – conference takes place in London
Further Information and Contact Details
Please visit our website for details on Conference Chairs and the Organising and Programme Committees.
Registration fees and other relevant information about venue, accommodation, conference sponsors and keynote speakers will be published on the conference website as soon as they are available, but at the latest on 31 May 2018. The conference website https://www.asling.org/tc40/ will be updated regularly.
Association internationale pour la promotion des technologies linguistiques
International Association for Advancement in Language Technology